Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 2

Is this what death feels like? JUST KIDDING!

Note: when juicing greens, the juice tends to linger in the machine so it is best to juice them first, followed by juicier fruits like apples, pears, cucumbers, pineapple, etc. Also, some juicers don’t get all the juice out of the leaves in one try so before putting in the juicier fruit, I recommend running the leaf pulp through again.

Breakfast: 4 oranges and half a pineapple (today’s oranges were smaller than yesterday’s so I used more)
Snack: 1 mango and 10 strawberries

Lunch: 6oz spinach, ¼ of a cucumber, 3 kale leaves, 1 green apple, half a lemon, 2 pears, small piece of ginger root

Dinner: 2 fuji apples, 10 strawberries (only got through half)

Water: 3.5L
Exercise: 14.5km jog, some strength, and some yoga
(I think I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight)
The run wasn’t too bad overall but my muscles were kind of achy near the end due to the lack of fuel, which makes perfect sense. I’m glad I got through it though because the runner’s high that I’m feeling right now is awesooome!

I woke up at around 8am this morning feeling rested and energized. I actually slept through the night, which I wasn’t expecting so that was nice. Today I felt a bit hungry around 3pm but nothing unbearable, which is also shocking because day two is usually the worst. I had a craving for corn for about a minute and green olives for about 30 seconds (both so random) but nothing else lasted more than a couple of seconds, thanks to my brainwashing. I’m thinking that cutting out refined sugars two weeks prior to the cleanse was really helpful in stabilizing my blood sugar, cutting the cravings and withdrawal symptoms. (so grateful for this)

2 days down, 12 days to go!


-Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment