Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 8

Note: If you are thinking about doing a juice cleanse after reading this blog, GREAT, however I do suggest that you do your own research on juice cleanses/fasts to make sure that you are getting all of the information. I try to add as many tips as I can think of but I may be forgetting important stuff. I really suggest you watch the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and research Joe Cross.

Breakfast: 5 oranges, chamomile lemon tea
Lunch: 4 kale leaves, 4 romaine leaves, 2 cabbage leaves, 2 celery sticks, ½ a lemon, 1/3 of a cucumber, 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 kiwi, small piece of ginger
Lunch Juice

Dinner: 5 oranges

Water: 3L
Exercise: 6k run, yoga, strength, walked the dogs (is this exercise?)…I won’t say this everyday

Morning yoga and breakfast juice
my blog writing nook

Today was awesome! Unfortunately these dogs don’t know how to sleep in so they woke me up at 5 and again at 6:40am to go outside. I finally embraced it and decided to do yoga in their well-lit living room. The sun was shining and I started a fire in the wood stove so it was awesome. I started yoga with the dogs inside but when they began licking my feet and arms in downward facing dog, I had to let them out. Walking the dogs at the same time was a nightmare. The 7-year-old is good but the 5-month-old wanted to run the whole walk… and she’s stronger than me. One bail in the snow bank and several other embarrassing moments later, we arrived home safe and sound and I’ve learned my lesson (walk one at a time). On the Brightside, it was plus 4 and gorgeous outside and the whole friendly neighbourhood seemed to be out. It was too nice out not to attempt a run so to make sure my legs still work, I did a 6k. Best run EVA (said like Superbad…) and I kind of wish I went longer but tomorrow is supposed to be plus 6 so I can wait. This is more like a journal entry than summarizing my juice cleanse experiences of the day but it just goes to show how much better I’m feeling now that it’s day 8. Most hunger is completely gone by this point so it should be fairly smooth sailing until the end. I’m off to my friends house to fight some food and alcohol temptations for the night.
8 days down, 6 to go! Woohoo

-Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment