Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 5


Note: If your blood sugar is not stable and you are thinking of doing a juice fast, make sure to stabilize your blood sugar and keep it stable for at least a week before starting. People who have diabetes should NOT do a juice cleanse. People who have a yeast/Candida overgrowth in the body (frequent yeast infections) should not do a juice cleanse either because yeast feeds on sugar and a juice cleanse is high in concentrated sugar with no fiber to slow it down. A lot of people have yeast overgrowths in their body and don’t know it. You can find Candida cleanses online, to kill it off. Once you get rid of it, you can do the juice cleanse.

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was funny (me yesterday!)

 Breakfast: 5 oranges
Lunch: 5 oranges and half a pineapple
Dinner: 6 handfuls of spinach, 4 kale leaves, 1 pear, 1 apple, 3 inch chunk of cucumber, 3 romaine leaves, 1 mango
Snack: 5 Swiss chard leaves, 4 kale leaves, 5 strawberries, 1 pear, 1 apple, 1 mango
Snack: 2 cups of water kefir (homemade probiotic water)
http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2011/04/how-to-make-water-kefir.html
Water Kefir brewing (for 2 days)

ready to drink Kefir Water



Water: 2.5L
Exercise: some strength, some yoga


I felt MUCH better today. My energy is back and I only felt a little hungry around lunchtime, after class. Even though I’m not super hungry, I still daydream about food approximately every 30 seconds. I have a mental list about what I want to eat after I’m done. What I wouldn’t give for some medjool dates or a juicy mango right now AHHH. Anyways, I took 10mL of the iron supplement in the morning. I had 3 hours of cellular biology so my brain was a little foggy after class but not in a tired way. I didn’t do anything strenuous for the rest of the day. I drank water kefir today and I attached a website to explain what it is and how to make it. It turns into carbonated water that has a kind of beer taste to it (it’s hard to explain) and I squeeze lemon into it. For exercise, I just kept it light again with some strength and yoga. I want to make sure I’m feeling really good before working out again.
5 down, 9 to go!


-Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment