Monday, March 18, 2013

Summary

I was away all weekend without a computer so I wasn't able to post the summary until now.
I just want to reemphasize that a juice cleanse is not for weight loss but is to kick start a healthier lifestyle. That being said, you will likely lose weight and for those who are interested, I have before and after pictures of my results.
Two Week Body Transformation


I lost roughly 1 pound per day. The weight loss slowed/stopped in the last couple of days but I also took my body fat % daily and that continued to drop, which makes me think that I gained some muscle. It proves that doing strength and working out throughout the cleanse can help prevent muscle atrophy. (from my conclusions)

Another point I wanted to reemphasize is that juices and smoothies are two different things. Blending fruits and vegetables in a blender keeps the fiber in the drink, which is something you don't want during a juice cleanse because it still requires digestion. You'll want to make sure that you purchase an actual juicer.

If you're thinking of doing a juice cleanse, go through my notes in the previous blog posts and do some of your own research. Even if you don't think you could handle a juice cleanse, adding a freshly squeezed juice to your daily diet is very beneficial. Although my cleanse is over, I had an indulgent weekend so I think I'm going to juice for most of my meals for the rest of this week but eat when I am hungry. My stomach definitely shrunk and I am having trouble eating meals so I need to ease into it a little better with smaller snacks.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you are at all curious about anything related to juice cleansing.

Writing this blog has been a great experience and has helped keep me accountable. I highly recommend blogging your future experiences to help you out too. I really appreciate all the motivation and support from my friends and family during this cleanse and I especially appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this blog and become educated on the topic. As a future holistic nutritionist, I love promoting healthy habits.

Thanks again for your interest in this topic and maybe you'll see another blog from me soon! (I'm open to suggestions)
-Kristina

2 comments:

  1. About how much did you spend on food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember exactly but I would guess between 150-250$? It was more expensive because it was winter. All of those groceries bought in bulk at a farmers market/homegrown would be much less now.

      Delete